Canada is a land of opportunity and conducive for flourishing a business.
Entrepreneurs who seek to expand their business on an international level are welcomed in Canada both at federal and provincial/territorial governments to start a business and settle in Canada.
Requirements varies from province to province as following.
- British Columbia
operates three business streams:
- Establish a new business or purchase an existing one.
- Investment of a minimum of $200,000.
- Net worth of minimum of $600,000.
- Business and/or management experience.
B.C. Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot
This program aims to attract entrepreneurs to rural parts of the province.
(The Regional Pilot is only for entrepreneurs wishing to start a new business. Those wishing to purchase an existing business should consider B.S.’s main Entrepreneur Immigration stream.)
- Complete an exploratory visit.
- Minimum of $100,000 in eligible business investments.
- Minimum personal net worth of $300,000.
- Minimum of 51 percent ownership.
There are two main business categories: the Entrepreneur stream and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream.
- Minimum net worth of $500,000 legally acquired.
- Minimum of three years of entrepreneurial or relevant management experience.
- Investment of at least $300,000 in Regina or Saskatoon, or $200,000 is any other Saskatchewan area.
International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream: Requirements
Requirements To Submit an EOI
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have completed a full-time Saskatchewan post-secondary degree or diploma of at least two years in length from a recognized and eligible Saskatchewan institution.
- Have a valid Post-Graduate Work Permit with no less than 24 months of eligibility remaining.
- Have lived in Saskatchewan during their academic program.
- Have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 7.
Requirements For Business Establishment
- Live in Saskatchewan.
- Actively own and operate an eligible business in Saskatchewan for at least one year prior to applying for nomination.
- Own at least one-third of the equity of the business.
- Demonstrate that the business is generating the minimum required revenue amount after one year of operation, dependent on the number of employees.
- Sign a Business Performance Agreement with the Government of Saskatchewan, which will be provided to you by the SINP after your application is approved.